Saturday, January 31, 2009

My friends.....sister

Just got back from playing cards with Cassie and family at her mom's home. It was nice to relax, laugh and learn how to play "Phase". This card game requires you to match certain things each time you play. It starts from 10 and work down to 1. I learned fast and almost won, however it took more than 2 hours to play. We, of cause, talk jokes, laugh, eat and drink until 9pm when we went our way home.

It was nice to spend time with them and to value the friendship we have together. We are like sisters, Cassie and me, and I do appreciate her so much. She has shown me how to grieve, laugh, and love again. That life goes on in spite of the storms coming your way. I enjoy her company as she is honest with me and cares so much how I feel.

I will forever treasure our relationship and will learn just by watching her. She has been a rock in my life, one that I can trust to stand on in the midst of an earthquake. I do love her

2 comments:

Nic said...

three cheers for Cassie! She touchs the heart like no other can. we are all blessed. peace, love, and joy to you Lorna, today and everyday.

love nic

Cas said...

Awwww. It's because of you guys I haven't taken a long walk off a short pier.

I was just telling Dalt on the way home last night that I have friends who are more like sisters than sisters can be sometimes. I can't imagine my life without you. God knew what we needed, that's for sure!