Tuesday, January 13, 2009

1st meeting

Tonight was my first night to the divorce care group meeting. It started at 6:30 -9:30pm. I was surprised how comfortable they made the room, it look like your living room at home, very inviting. We had about 10 people there and of cause most of them were women. I was of cause comfortable and eager to find out who was like me and you know what, they all were.

Some were married for 17 yrs, 29yrs,74 days. Some husbands were ministers, soldiers,CEO. They had children, grandchildren, stepchildren. Not surprisingly most of them had husbands who had affairs.

After watching a DVD on what to expect and was given a work book we had discussion. I was glad to see others thinking like me, angry like me, in pain like me. We were black, white, brown, fat, skinny it did not mattered with divorce, it crossed all types.

I am happy I went. I want to be healed, I want to move on. You know it says it takes 5 years to get over divorce, that's a long time when you are fighting with your emotions. I felt the connection and I will be going back next week.
I want to be a better person, I want to live my life free of Winston and believe me, I WILL!!

No comments: