Saturday, January 3, 2009

28th Anniversary........ no

Today would have been my 28th anniversary.......28 years of marriage. Of cause with Winston as cheap as he is we would have gotten Burger King and watched a movie at home. It is so sad, I would have liked to stay together for 28 more years but he refuses to give up the "other women" in his life. I can't understand a man almost 50 years old still doing crap like that. It is the culture where I am from, disgusting old men still "sweet-hearting" it makes me sick.
I did something very childish yesterday. I made Winston an anniversary card saying how I thought it would have been forever but because he couldn't keep it in his pants ( I put a picture of an old man and a dog,April together and a bolt separating another picture of a black woman standing along. (me). I then put into a gift bag a small box of grits, 1 can of tuna and a lime tapped to the can. Grits and tuna is his favorite breakfast so I send it to him and said enjoy . I know he does not know how to cook it and his white girlfriend so does not know how. I would give anything to see his face when he saw it all. I know, I know.... I should be much more mature than that but it was something I had to do.
TNoya said I must make it the last time because I am wasting my time on someone who does not care and will not remember important dates. Sadly she is right, as I realized that even though I was the victim in all of this I had to do all the changes. I had to leave the home I knew for a little 1 bedroom apartment, I had to pay for the divorce in full because he send no money, I had to go through the divorce myself, I had to say goodbye to my baby and pay her college fees myself and Winston on the other hand has done NOTHING!!! He never moved, he never gave me a cent for his children, he has stayed in his environment and has a girlfriend who is now living with him, doing what he needs so he never missed anything. I think it is so unfair that I have to face all this by myself and he is going on happy with life. No fair at all. I know I sound angry, yes I AM VERY, VERY, ANGRY!!!
Anyway, there are no more anniversaries but this is a new year and I am determined not to be or feel defeated,rejected and alone. I am trusting in God and he will see me through. I am the head and not the tail. I know I have choices and I can choose to cry in a corner or get out and be victorious.
I choose to be victorious!!!!!

No comments: