Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Getting Old

Today we had 2 games, volleyball and basketball, teachers against students. Man, I now know how old I am. I remember the days when I could play all day and not feel a thing. Even though we won our games, I think I hurt in places where I didn't think could hurt.

I am an active person and think I could match up with almost anyone but today prove me wrong. I need to accept that I am older and slower. That I do need to sub out of the game to catch my breathe and I need water breaks, lots of break! Ha.... I laugh when it takes me longer to get to the ball, I mean I see it coming and my mind says "RUN" but my feet are not moving. That was awakening.

Life continues to move on, where I was once firm and tight I am now slack and dropping but I am alive and trying to enjoy what I have. It is an honor getting old, hopefully wisdom will come along for the ride. I am grateful that God has given me this time to grow not only old but in grace.

The joy of the Lord is my strength!!

No comments: