Monday, December 1, 2008

Back to normal

Back in school and to hear the students talk about their Thanksgiving was great. I am so blessed to teach in a Christian school where it is ok to mention the name of God. My girls are gone, back to their homes and all has return to normal. It is quiet again, but I do miss them. I don't know how one can make it being alone with no one to fellowship with.
I have also decided not to do any decorations for Christmas. I am not buying any tree this year. I don't feel the spirit of Christmas as this will be my first away from the "home and husband " I knew.

1 comment:

Cas said...

I didn't realize you were blogging so much, so I'm just now getting caught up, Wow! You ARE a very strong woman and you're going to be just fine. I love you, Lorns.

When I found out about Nathan, there was one thought that kept me from insanity, it was this: "God is not surprised."

He knows our end from our beginning, and He knew you would be getting divorced. He knows everything. And He still loves all of us. Thank God!

I am a little surprised about your Christmas decoration decision. It's hard for people living alone to get in the Christmas spirit, but I would hope there's a little spark within you that would want to reflect the joy of the season for yourself.

Christmas is not about outward appearances for other people (husbands or relatives or social pressure or obligation). It's about the fantastic greatness of God's gift of a Child for all of us.

I stand by you 100 percent if you choose not to decorate, but I hope that decision is based on what YOU need. You've put others first for so long, it's time to find Lorna and discover what she needs to do for herself. Whether it is to decorate or not - do it for you, because of what YOU believe in.

I'm wearing silly bells and ribbons in my hair at work every day because the sound makes me happy, which reminds me that happiness is a gift from God I can have every day if I want to - that's why it's called "the present."

What makes you happy?