Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Feelings at Christmas

It's Christmas Eve, I know there is suppose to be a feeling of giving, singing, rushing in the air..... me..... , I don't feel it. People are jamming the shopping malls, the banks, the last minute gifts getting. I have done nothing, participate in nothing. I am not sure if it is due to my divorce and knowing that things will never be the same on Christmas or if it's just because I don't feel like. I am not sure.
I did however promised my girls I will cook on Christmas day, Bahamian food, just for them. TNoya even said it was only us 3 so we can go to Golden Corral than to do Christmas dinner at home. Man... I thought that would be the lowest of the low. I guess she was only saving me the work but she too said it is not Christmas to her. I am so sad that the joy has been taking away but I do know that it will get better, we will learn how to make new memories, how to create an atmosphere of celebration. All is not lost and we will have happy times at Christmas again.

No comments: