Thursday, December 25, 2008

A New Tradition

Christmas Day !!!! It was very nice to say the least. Tnoya called yesterday and said she wanted to start a new tradition, a memory that we come over to her place and spend the night cooking, watching dvds and just relaxing with each others. So Tneill and I packed up the pots, pans, food, clothes etc and headed over there. It was really nice, we got pizza, hot wings and cokes whiles we watch Anchor Man and The Mummy #3. It was a nice night . I prepared the ham and mac for tomorrow and blew up the air bed ( uncomfortable).
Christmas morning came, I made their favorite tuna and grits, yeah we love that. I cooked the food and just watch Madea to laugh. I am so happy to be with my girls TNoya gave us our gifts and was so excited to see our expressions as we opened them. Thank you God for wonderful girls, I am indeed blessed. We then, with TNoya's friends, went to her job where we watched IMAX, The Light of Christmas, and then walked around at the Festival of Lights, it was a foggy night but it was nice, a happy time to forget the pain. After that we got our stuff and hug Tnoya, I did not want to let her go and she said I could hug her as long as I wanted, it felt so good, so right.
I did not know what to expect on my first Christmas being divorced, I don't know how I would have made it without my daughters who made that day one to treasure. In the end after I reflect on the day and thank God for all he has done, he place compassion in my heart and I texted Winston and said "Merry Christmas, Winston."

No comments: