Monday, December 29, 2008

Friends

Friends....... they are more special than one would think. Today as I was getting a copy of my divorce papers downtown, a friend Elaine was in town and invited me to lunch, she explain it was her birthday and another of our friends Mary will be joining us. I was excited as I have not seen either women for a number of years. Once at the restaurant they each brought their daughters, Melody and Lisa, who I remember as little girls are now all grown up and in college. We had a wonderful time, catching up on the excitement and changes in our lives, laughing at old times and enjoy the food. After two hours we parted ways, promising to do this again.... soon.......
I had laundry to do so I headed off to do just that when another old friend,Dorenda called and invited me to dinner, as full as I was I jumped at the chance and went over to her house enjoying dinner with her family. Once again seeing her children all grown and wondered where time went. It too was really relaxing to visit with them.
As I labored taking my clothes upstairs, I thought how nice it isto have thoughtful friends, who want to include you in their family events. I do treasure my friends, some are far away but never forgotten. I do appreciate them all because even though my life have changes due to my divorce, I am still the same old Lorna to them and that's nice.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes Ms. Lorna, they are great especially when we are going through bad times. I was in Miss. visiting family and feeling down. I looked up to heaven and prayed "Lord I wish my friends would call, just a second later and my friend Danette called and then my friend Kristina phoned. I said Thank you God...It was wonderful...you are a great friend my dear....love ya Donna