Monday, December 15, 2008

Misssing my dad.

December 11th was a sad day for me, it was the anniversary death of my dad. 26 years ago and yet it feels like yesterday. I really do miss him and the great role model he was for me. I am sad that he never met any of his grandchildren, they would have loved him as he would them. I hate the fact that his death was during the time of Christmas, that day he went and bought the Christmas tree, we decorated it just for him. I only wish God would take off December with death, it really ruins the season for celebrating.
Life is so unsure, you should live each day as if it is your last. I remember seeing my dad that day and kissing him goodbye as I left, we always did that and I am so happy I did because I did not know it would be the last kiss. I am so thankful he showed us how to live and love and even though his death was sudden I have no regrets for he gave us time to express our feelings to each other. I like that and have adopted his ways to teach my girls, we never leave each other without hugs and kisses cause it could be your last.
I loved him very much and thought he would be in my life much longer than he was but I know if I continue to walk in the faith I will see him again.

I love and miss you dad.

1 comment:

Cas said...

I always remember how Nathan felt when I saw him last. I hugged him really hard and said, "You never know when it'll be the last time you'll see somebody."