Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Remember

I received an email from a friend who is in my divorce care group. She said she will not be coming back because she is too depressed to deal with it all. How she feels like running away and never looking back.

I was so sadden by her email but understood exactly what she meant because I have been there so much times. I often think about doing just that, not caring and just disappear. Some days you just don't want to get out of bed, deal with stupid people and face the fact that your family, spouse are no longer together. That you have divorced the partner that you thought you were going to spend the rest of your life with, the security, the love all gone NEVER to return. The pain does not seem to go away and you can't find the answer. Oh... there is no light at the end of this tunnel.......but

There is!!

I know that when feelings come up on me like that I remember my children, how I could not make it without them and i have to be that strong example for them. I remember I am a child of God and I know that he will be with me in times of trouble, depression, sadness. Knowing this brings me back to getting out of bed and heading forward trying to make my life worth living.

Yes, we can run, we can cover our heads, but it is only when we remember do we get up, go on.

No comments: