Sunday, February 8, 2009

At Sunday class this morning the subject was "Faith in Desperation". I wondered about that topic and know that I have been there many times especially last year. Going through a divorce was not a nice feeling and having to make choices on my own sometimes had my back against the wall. I felt the desperation, not knowing where to turn and what to do. Out of that I had to pull all the faith I had and trust that God will see me through.

We talked about the centurion, the persistent mother and the pleading father, all pleading to Jesus to heal their servant, son and daughter. They we so desperate for their love ones to be healed by Jesus that shaming themselves on public were not something they cared about. The ather told Jesus," I believe, help my unbelief." Even though he believed, he was not sure and was not afraid to say it. The soldier told Jesus just say the word and my servant will be healed. He know authority and knew Jesus had that also. The mother, my favorite, told Jesus that even the dog eat when the crumbs falls from the master table. In all of these Jesus said he had never seen faith exercised like that.

The word talks about faith as the size of a mustard seed, have you ever seen a mustard see? Jesus said just one mustard seed can move mountains. I strive for that faith always. In this walk of life things change and each day we are confronted with things and it is only thing that we help us go through is FAITH................. I say to Jesus:

" I believe, help my unbelief."