Wednesday, February 4, 2009

DC #4

Last night in my DC meeting we discussed depression. It was very useful and allowed me to understand my emotional swings. The unconnecteness, profound sense of saddness, hard to concentrate, unforgiveness. I struggle with all. There were good tips on how to overcome, to be able to identify losses, put losses in perspective, learn from depression.

" What is more, I consider everything a loss compare to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things".

We learned about depression strategies, to eat healthy, catch negative thoughts, step over my feelings,eliminate untrue belief and forgive. Most importantly that Christ must be the center of my life. That I can not do this and be totally healed without Christ. He is my foundation in all of this and without him, without hope I can't get better.

" You can only do so much, so do as much as you can do."

No comments: