Friday, July 6, 2007

Posters on the wall.

Today I spend about 3 hours in my newly assigned classroom where I will be teaching 6th, 7th, 8th grades English/Grammar/Creative Writing. I have in the past put up cute "bunny" posters on my walls but this year I know I have to be different. I have jr. highs students now, the ones with the up and down emotions, cell phones and "myspace." How do I put up poster that will encourage, motivate these young minds that when they step into my room they would want to excel, to produce, to dream.......yeah right!!
I really want this school year to make a difference for the students as well as myself. I am searching for ideas to entice the students to investigate, to research. I know they are from such different homes with different problems and jr. high I feel is one of the hardest time in school. I found some posters that have "Vision" " Goals" "Risk" "Faith" maybe there will be a change.

No comments: