Monday, July 16, 2007

" Mean Girls"

Today I watched as 4 of my 4 year old girls treat another little girl so meanly. One of the "mean girls" told me she did not like the new girl and will not play with her. I could not get any of them to at least try to play with her.
At first I thought it was because she was a new student, but in watching them I realized it was more than that. Her mother dressed he like her brothers and she has a little boy hair cut. This did not attract the other girls to treat her like one of them and they only saw her like a boy.
How sad, that at this age they already judge you by how you look and already know what and who they want in their circle. I am hoping this does not last very long and they will come around to find her as a wonderful class-mate.

No comments: