Friday, July 20, 2007

The dim reality of Age

At my age, I am just getting for the first time contact lens!! I went in to test my eyes for glasses but after waiting and watching older people sit and put their contacts in, I felt I could do the same. I hate the part when they tell you that a sudden puff of air will blow into your eyes so sit still and expect it. Of cause the anticipation leaves you more nerves than before. The doctor was really informative and strongly suggested contacts over glasses, was that for my benefit or was it her sales pitch for more money. I found out that my left eye can't see far and the right can't see near, and now I have two different prescriptions for each eyes and 2 different brands. I did leave paying more than I intended to.
As I left I have come to the conclusion that I am getting older and things are falling apart., the grey in my hair,loss of focus in my eyes, breasts going south, waist line disappearing, knees in pain and feet sore. Man.... I have arrived...old age!!!!

No comments: