Monday, November 19, 2007

Signs of the times

I am off for Thanksgiving week, which I think I can enjoy once I get over this stupid cold. I am looking forwards for this Texas weather to change and for in-laws to come. Any change right now would be a good one. I do enjoy my in-laws in spite what other people say about "in-laws". They have always treated me like their own and never a harsh word, I am blessed.

You know what has surprised me this year, how all the stores and homes have by pass Thanksgiving and are already to Christmas? There are houses in you neighborhood that already have Santa, lights, tress decorated and in place. The stores are filled with Christmas supplies, what has become of Thanksgiving? Are we living in a world where to be thankful for one day is of no concern. I know the world has changed and just the simple, meaningful things in life are being pushed aside. We are so busy to make that next buck and fast as we can that we have no place to say "Thank you". I guess this is just one of the signs of the times.

Tomorrow my sister-in-law and I will be preparing for the Thanksgiving meal, she is a better cook and I am not into all that craziness especially after this flu. I am not sure how much I look forwards to Christmas other than the days off, maybe it would be one I will never forget, hopefully for the better. It is hard when you have a love one who died around Christmas ( maybe God should take December off for people to die) it is suppose to be a time of happiness and celebration. It is hard for those who have to celebrate alone because their families are so far away. Oh Well...... we'll see

1 comment:

Cas said...

Just relax and enjoy, girl. There will come a time when we're all together again. Just because the stores are after our money doesn't mean we can't be thankful.

Love you!!!