Wednesday, August 8, 2007

My last week

It has been along time since I wrote. Things are so busy for me and it is about to get worse. I have started preparing for my classes ( ENglish) as school will be open on the 23rd. I have been coaching volleyball for more than a week now and still with the daycare." Praise The Lord!" this is my last week.
I am sure it takes special people to teach, watch and discipline 14 three year olds, thank God it was a summer job for me. I don't think people are aware of the great involvements this type of job is. You have to be watchful at all times, separate fights, change poopie underwear ( i gag) pat back at nap time, encourage them to eat their broccoli and fish sticks, mop up vomits,hug, kiss and hold because of sick tummy, "boo boos", angry mothers, sad and oops reports.
After doing that from 9-6, you then have to stop to the store on the way home, once home it is dinner to be cooked, clothes to be washed, house to be clean. How does one do it......I am not sure. I think these women are so underpaid and not appreciated by employers, parents, and family.
Yes, I am going to miss those running to hug my legs first thing in the morning, I am going to miss those way out stories about super heroes, Dora,little mermaid ( I can now sing the song, Whole New World). I will miss the tight squeeze at the neck, the sloppy kisses and the shouts of "I love you Ms. Lorna!" on their way out the door.
As I leave, I wonder as I look at them, what will they become in the next 5 years, the next 10 years. What kind of person will they be but most of all I wonder if anything I did or say made a different in their lives....... I hope the seed I planted grows into something wonderful!

No comments: