Thursday, August 9, 2007

Bitter/Sweet

Were you ever in a position where it was a bad thing yet a good thing. That's how I felt today, my last day working at the daycare, my last day with my 25 three year olds. I was sad to be leaving them, they do leave a lasting impression on you but then I am so happy that I get to sleep later and be able to do the things I pushed aside because i was too tired to deal with it after a long day. Hey... did I say daycare workers are under paid and not appreciated.
I had promised to do something special for them so I made 25 "goodie bags" for all my 3 and 4 year olds. I had them color their white bags, put their names on them and filled it with cookies, candies, toys and of cause stickers. I told them at the end of the day I would be sure to give them their bags and you know not one child forgot. As their parents signed for them, they asked "Can I have my goodie bag now?" There was no good-byes, hugs or tears from them because it was my last day, only hugs to say thank you for their bag of candies.
This summer was a great experience, to remind me that there are still children who can be molded into great adults. That you can make a difference, life goes on and the sun does come out...... rain or shine, it does.

No comments: