Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Turning the page.

Another day and I am still trying to catch up. I never knew grading papers took more than a day to do. As I run around trying to be everything to everyone, I am tired and only look forward to getting in bed and sleeping. I think morning comes too fast and it's a fight just to get out of bed. I do realized that life can be worst and someone somewhere would trade with me in a heart beat.
Volleyball season is over this month and even though I am glad that I have my nights and weekends back, I will still miss it. I have made up my mind to take Jazz lesson with my daughter Tnoya as my teacher, how life reverse things. I remember when it was me who held her little legs whiles she tried to do a cartwheel.
I am sadden that my best friend is getting a divorce. I want to cry because this is a whole family, split and heading into a different directions. She has lost a son this year and this is just the last straw. I feel so much for the children as they must be experiencing another kind of death, the lost of the father and home. I know she is a strong person and will be there for her children. I do realized that she deserve to be happy too and is it hard to stay a place where you feel as if you are on an island with no way to get off. I do know this was not easy for her and it still comes with much thought and pain. I hope I can be a better friend during this time for her. My sister's divorce is also final and although that was hard for her she has been a great example of Christ strength through all of this. We women have become so strong and determined not to be like mothers before who stayed in a relationship because of children, finances, security, loneliness, abuse but NO MORE!!! We can make and have made a stand that we will no longer take this crap!!!

1 comment:

Cas said...

You can't possibly be a better friend - you're already the best!

Lorns, you've been with me through thick and thin and I honestly don't know what I would do without you. Thank you.

And I thank God for you. You are my sister and always will be.