Thursday, June 28, 2007

How can I be of help?

I had it all plan on what I was going to write about tonight, complain about something with no value but then I read my best friend's blog and realize how trivial my problems are. You see, Cassie, she lost her 20 year old son about 3 weeks ago, found him dead in their pool and as I watch her take charge in making atrrangements, thanking everyone, speaking at Nathan's memorial I can only watch in amazement of how she kept herself so strong and together. This was a woman who was not sure what she wanted to do with her profession, how to juggle her home, family and money but there she was "In Charge". She has made me see her in a different light and I would forever remember her strength. Now I see her after all is over, a mother, in pain and heart broken over the lost of her child. She cries, there is a void but she knows he will never return. What do I say, what do I do. I know she has faith, I saw it, I know she has hope, she spoke it. It is so hard when you are trying to find the right words, I guess all I can do is pray and be there for her.... what little comfort.

No comments: